Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sun Catcher

This is my most recent addition to my Craft Stuff.  I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought I would try it.  Bought the beads at Hobby Lobby, turned the oven to 400 degrees (of course, it was over 90 outside) and baked these for 17 minutes.  The Pinterest site said for 20, but they were ready at 17.  Just threw the beads into my 8" round metal cake pan, stirred them, made sure I had one layer and put it in the oven.  The small ones came from my cupcake tin.  When baking, the beads smell like melting plastic (duh) so it is a good idea to open windows.  When they are cooled (which doesn't take very long), they just pop out of the pan.  I used my Dremel tool to drill holes for the fish line.  Used a fishing spinner to keep the line from tangling.
A Side Note:  My two oldest sons (Will and Devon) are active duty in the Army, that's why the red, white, and blue theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment